Though Cybersecurity month is coming to a close, it is always a good time to practice online safety tips – especially when related to financial account information. At MMCCU, we take online security very seriously. Here are some steps you can take to help ensure a safe online experience:
- Enable two-factor authentication on your accounts
- Don’t use the same password across multiple accounts
- Make passwords complex and hard-to-guess. Use a combination of upper and lower-case letter, symbols, and numbers
- Do not click on links in emails you weren’t expecting to receive
- Keep your computer anti-virus up-to-date
- Password-protect your network
Even with the best safety procedures in place and the best equipment employed, it’s important to practice these simple measures as the human element is still the weakest link in keeping information secure.
For more information, please visit this link [note: external site].