How to Become an MMCCU Member (and Why!)
It’s been a while since we covered the basics of membership on the blog! If you’re wondering about becoming a credit union member, we’d love to have you at MMCCU. MMCCU is the largest health care credit union in Wisconsin. At MMCCU, Our sole purpose as a financial cooperative is to provide better service, better rates and lower fees to our members. (Compare that to a bank, here.)
A member is simply someone that has deposited money in a credit union. Anyone who does this is then an owner-member. This makes you both a customer and an owner of the credit union.
Our membership is healthcare workers and their families, so we understand this demographic and can serve them best. MMCCU proudly serves the health care community (and their families) throughout Wisconsin. If you work in a medical-related field, you qualify for membership*.
This means that not just doctors and nurses can be members, but also:
- – chiropractors
- – veterinarians
- – certified veterinary technicians
- – dentists
- – pharmacy workers
- – medical supply company workers
- – assisted living facility employees
- – EMT’s
- – and many more…*
If you are a member of MMCCU, your immediate family members are also eligible for membership even if they do not work in a medical-related field.
If you work at these places, you could qualify for membership* and this list is just an example of a few places!
- Ascension at Home
- Aspirus Hospital
- Aster Assisted Living of Marshfield
- Atrium Post Acute Care of Marshfield
- Bents Chiropractic Center, SC
- Castlerock Veterinary Hospital Inc
- Changes Within
- Dental Clinic of Marshfield
- Dental Crafters Inc
- Drach Chiropractic Center
- EyeCare Center of Marshfield
- Family Health Center of Marshfield
- First Impressions Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics
- Gateways Counseling Services & Day Treatment Center
- Healing Path Acupuncture LLC
- Health in Motion of Wisconsin LLC
- The Hearing House LLC
- Joey’s Optical
- Kilty Chiropractic
- Mabeus Dental Office LLC
- Mapleleaf Dental
- Marshfield Chiropractic Therapy & Massage
- Marshfield Clinic Health System YMCA
- Marshfield Clinic Health System
- Marshfield Clinic Marshfield Plaza Therapy Center
- Marshfield Fire & Rescue
- Marshfield Medical Center
- Marshfield Podiatry Services
- Marshfield Veterinary Service
- Next Step Prosthetics
- Norwood Health Center
- Prairie Run Dental, SC
- Prosthetic Plus
- Ronald McDonald House
- Safford Dental
- Shopko Optical
- Sport & Spine Clinic of Marshfield
- Stoney River Assisted Living & Memory Care
- Three Oaks Health Services
- Walgreens (Pharmacy)
- Walkabout Health Products
- Wells Nature View Inc
- Wildwood Animal Hospital & Clinic LLC
- & more!*
If you are a doctor, you can become a member. If you work as a receptionist in a dental office, you can become a member. If you are a janitor at a place that manufactures dental implants, you can become a member. If you work in a medical lab, you can become a member. If you receive a paycheck from the health care industry, you can become a member!*
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once a member, you’re a member for life! Even if you transfer careers, you and your immediate family can remain members.
A credit union is:
- Credit unions are focused on people, not profits. Credit unions operate by a “people helping people” philosophy that is hard to find at other financial institutions.
- Financial education is available to all members. Credit unions assist members in becoming better-educated consumers of financial services.
- As not-for-profit institutions, credit unions offer better rates on credit cards—up to two percentage points lower than the average bank card rate.
- Credit unions are available in places where banks typically aren’t, such as community development neighborhoods.
- As a member of a credit union, no matter how much money you have on deposit, you have an equal voice in how your credit union is run.
- Superior service, convenience, and technology. Credit union members receive the service convenience of today’s technology through online and mobile banking.
- Use the credit union services you need. Many credit unions provide online loan applications and remote deposit capture for member’s convenience. Even if you don’t need the credit union’s sophisticated website or 24-hour loan services, you can use the credit union services you need most.
- Many credit unions offer no-surcharge ATMs that any credit union member can use. National shared ATM networks mean you can find ATMs where you live and work.
- Your credit union can put you in business with a small business loan. And some credit unions have established a relationship with the Small Business Administration to expedite loans to credit-worthy small businesses.
Credit unions differ from banks in many ways, but one of the main differences is membership. Learn more about MMCCU membership here.
*Membership eligibility required. Federally insured by NCUA.